Sunday 13 March 2011

No water! but plenty snow.

We had a great time at church this morning despite the bad weather. Juliette's baptism will be one I will never forget. As we were about to baptise her, I realised to my horror that there was no water in the font! A big thank you to David Whillis who duly processed in with the necessary water. Juliette coped magnificently with the drama of the event, and was the first child I have ever baptised who was wearing yellow wellies!

Peter Neilson was our guest speaker today, and he spoke about:


1. Hearts -Nurturing hearts for God.

2. Home - a place of hospitality for friends and strangers

3. Hub - providing a hub as a base for mission.


Memorable comments:


" each person is responsible for the nurture of their own heart."

- what nurtures your heart before God?


Peter has a wealth of experience and pointed us to many situations across the UK and the world:








The service will be on the website tomorrow. I strongly encourage anyone who wasn't present this morning to have a listen. I sense we are in quite significant times at the moment, and I think Peter was speaking very clearly into that.



No comments: