Wednesday 23 March 2011

A day in the life of hilton church!




I was struck tonight by just how much is going on around Hilton Church these days. This morning TIME OUT was on. This group offers a variety of craft activities, not to mention hot drinks and delicious cakes.The "icing on the cake" is a free creche so that parents can have a "time out!" I was in the Lighthouse at lunchtime, and it was full to capacity with people of all ages enjoying lunch. At 2pm, I dropped into the 60 plus group sharing teas/coffees and cakes in the sanctuary, as well as taking a trip down memory lane. (more of that in a future blog). A walk into the back garden, and there was Colin, Ben and the joiner working hard on what is going to be an amazing new space. This evening, I had a meeting in the Lighthouse, and had a chat with the team who were preparing the food for the alpha course beginning at 7pm. Last but not least, I then found myself directing traffic towards the Street Pastors Introductory night in the Church. And I haven't even mentioned Dot Walker working away on a mural in the cafe. On a wider scale I'm also struck by the fact that there is a much higher level of demand for the use of our buildings from all quarters these days. I'm not sure exactly what the reason is for this. One possibility is that a much greater number of people are connecting with the area via the Lighthouse and its facilities, and on a quite a number of occasions this has led to the church being used as a venue.

No comments: