Sunday 20 March 2011

cafe service

I'm just back from the cafe service. I felt it went really well. There was a great atmosphere with about 60 gathered around tables. Jamie shared from Ephesians 4 for 10 minutes and we had a couple of prayer stations as a focus for prayers of thanksgiving and prayers for others. We also took a moment at the beginning of our time to especially remember the persecuted church. What I especially enjoy about these gatherings is the fact that they reflect the whole age range from babies to at least one person in her 80's. The more informal and lighter aspects of the teaching means that families come. I hope that in the coming years ahead we can focus more of our times on Sunday around food. Tonight was a reminder to me of how much I enjoyed being a part of cafe services in the past. I hope that we can run them regularly again in the months ahead.

No comments: