Monday 15 December 2008

ETERNAL ECHOES

From the darkness of
his mother's womb,
born of blood,
and sweat, of
toil and pain,
came the light
of the
world
that night.

... he came
needing care,
needing shelter,
needing his
mother's breast,
light of the world,
born into darkness…

This is the wonder,
this is the joy,
God with us
Immanuel!

This is the good news…
this light,
this treasure,
born in darkness
bringing light.

Sally Coleman

The readings for advent this year are not comfortable and cosy. Isaiah 61 highlights Jesus' kingdom manifesto. Last night I discovered eternal echoes, a blog which I think reflects some of the challenges of Jesus' kingdom. Here, Here and here provide food for thought.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Thank you for posting my poem, I would prefer it if you gave me the credit for it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally,I'm sorry for the oversight in not crediting the poem expressly to you .In the same item I gave several links to your blog, and hope that it will lead to some more folk being able to read your poetry and reflections. best wishes Duncan