Monday 17 January 2011

Sacred Space Countdown - 5

Is prayer your steering wheel or your spare tire?

Hopefully you'll have picked up on our Sacred Space event this coming Saturday. I'm going to post a countdown to the event this week with a few reflections and a bit more information about what we're planning.
Last year I spent a bit of time looking for a place that I could maybe go for a day or two (perhaps wishful thinking!) just to get some peace and space to try and discern God's will for me. I think this is the first time in my Christian experience that I've felt drawn to solitude. Life gets so noisy sometimes. So, when a few folks in Hilton had mentioned that they would like to plan a prayer event I thought great - that'll give me a chance to practice prayer and meditation in a familiar environment.
Sacred Space has emerged as a result and it is our way of welcoming you all to encounter God through simple reflections based around the Word, a focus on Jesus in our lives, our place in His world and our service. So, that's how its come about. Tomorrow I'll give you a bit more of a flavour for what you can expect if you come along.
SMacQ

No comments: