Saturday 15 January 2011

Lighthouse spiritual fayre








I've just come back from the spiritual fayre at the Lighthouse. What a remarkable evening I have had. Before the doors opened at 7pm, there was a substantial queue, and within 20 minutes the vast majority of the slots for the various encounters, art worships and dream interpretations were full. The evening was meant to finish at 10pm, but when I left they were trying to squeeze a few extra sessions in. Many of the people who came were from the Hilton area.It was abundantly clear from the many conversations that I shared in, that people have an huge spiritual interest, but they don't see the Church in the institutional sense as a likely place to find the answers. It reminds me of a book John Drane wrote some years ago in which he observed that for many people the Church isn't spiritual enough! I've asked Charity Webb who was the leader of the team to do a guest post in the near future, but for now here is a few photos of how the venue looked before the evening began.








No comments: