Saturday 1 January 2011

all age worship

I'm just putting the finishing touches to an all age worship service for 10am tomorrow. Video clips, music clips, powerpoints, quizes, interactive prayers......it is a very time consuming process putting together this kind of service. A traditional sermonic centred service is "a piece of cake" in comparison! I have to say that I really enjoy the process of drawing together all the various elements of such a service, and I hope and pray the effort will be worth it in terms of helping people to focus on Christ tomorrow.
In my experience many people look down on all age worship services as kind of second best to the "real thing." Personally, I love the reality of all ages coming together and worshipping God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent service really got me thinking.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed it. I too really love the all age worship services. It's so important to involve all ages in worship and not get locked in to a particular way of doing things.