Sunday 12 September 2010

SUNDAY CLUB

I led Sunday Club (P1-5) this morning for the first time ever! The experience was ultimately very enjoyable, but I have to say that it's a lot harder work than preparing a sermon! We were looking at the parable of the lost coin, so I was off at the bank getting Ten pounds worth of 5p's as well as chocolate gold coins from Tesco's. Then there was the research on FINDING NEMO together with identifying the right clips. I had to find a candle for the front, and a table cloth to represent the room where the coin was lost, as well as recruiting Kevin to lead the songs, Stuart to lead the prayers and Sarah to tell the story. I was delighted to see that quite a number of parents came though to share in the time, which was a great help. I also hope this interaction between parents and children together with the use of the same materials across the church will lead to more effective nurture of the children within our congregation.Overall it was a promising start and I'm sure I will be a little more relaxed the next time. One of the major observations from several quarets was that the accoustics in the large hall are very very poor. It would seem to me that improving this must be one of the priorities in any plans for the future. Next week, Andrea is leading and the morning will begin with sharing breakfast. I'm sorry I won't be there, but I'll be leading the main service
PS I also forgot to mention Eilidh Macritchie who did a great job of leading YOU ARE A STAR by Stepehn Fischbacher from the front of the church!

1 comment:

vwdelux said...

What time is breaky?