Wednesday 22 September 2010

LIGHTHOUSE VOLUNTEERS

Last night I was "holding the fort" at the Lighthouse since the majority of the volunteers were participating in the final evening of the health and hygiene course. I understand that there were 28 people who sat the final test last night. I can only hope that this will lead to a significant increase in the the level of volunteering at the Lighthouse. "Back at the fort", I served about a dozen customers, so it wasn't a particularly busy evening, but it's good to see the level of custom slowly increasing, as people realise that we are open in the evenings. The other thing that strikes me about volunteering last night, is that it is a really enjoyable social experience. I enjoyed a variety of different conversations - much better than sitting in front of the TV.

No comments: