Tuesday 26 January 2010

malaria tablets

I'm off to Peru next Tuesday, and while I'm there I am going to spend a couple of days on the Amazon. This means that I will have to take malaria tablets. The cheaper version is doxycycline, but the down side is you have to keep taking the tablets for 30 days after leaving the area. The expensive drug (ridiculously so!) is malarone, but you only have to keep taking it for a week after leaving the infected area. I'm off to do a price check at the various pharmacies on malarone. If you are reading this and just happen to have any spare malarone tablets from a trip, I would be delighted to hear from you. I'm not expecting to receive as many offers as I did last week, when I said I was looking to borrow The Blues Brothers DVD! Thank you to everyone who kindly offered thier copy.

No comments: