Tuesday 19 January 2010

CONGREGATIONAL BOARD

The Board is responsible for the financial and property matters related to the congregation. For the last 2 years I have been chairing the Board which wasn't in my masterplan! Last Tuesday evening I handed over to Mike Robertson. I could feel the burden literally lifting off my shoulders as he led his first meeting in the chair! Mike is currently training to become a Church of Scotland minister so hopefully the experience will be valuable for him in terms of his future vocation. We are all very happy to have him leading the Board, and we hope it will be an enjoyable experience for him. It was also marvellous to welcome Lloyd Arthur back to the Board too on Tuesday evening. Lloyd was the senior elder at Hilton when I arrived 16 years ago. After a very prolonged period of ill health, Lloyd has volunteered to take the minutes at the Board meetings. This is a very valuable role which he is offering to do, and we're delighted to welcome him back onto the Board.

No comments: