Saturday 16 January 2010

Funeral panic

Yesterday I experienced a measure of anxiety at a funeral which I wouldn't want to experience again. After the service at a local funeral home, I went back to my car with the intention of following the cortege to the cemetary, which was some 15 miles away. Unfortunately, on trying to move my car back onto the road, I managed to bury the wheels in deep snow and became very stuck! One very kind person saw me, and using his shovel, I was digging furiously, with visions of the family standing at the graveside wondering whether the minister had forgotten about the burial or got lost.I probably left the funeral home, ten minutes after the hearse, so it was an anxious drive to the cemetary, and a prayer that the hearse had been driving suitably slowly. Thankfully, I managed to arrive within a few minutes of the family at the cemetary and the proceedings then continued without any further incident.

No comments: