Tuesday 31 March 2009

YOUTH FOOTBALL PROJECT

Quite a few of my friends of a certain age seem to stumble from one injury to the next curtesy of their indoor football training! We ahve received this email which may be of interest:

Hello, I'm Chris Grant,

I'm one of the youth from the parish of Saint John ogilive consisting of Invergordon, Tain and Alness. You may know that I'm trying to organize a youth football event to happen in June. My Aim is to bring youngsters more closer and to work as a team and possibly even for youngsters like myself to make new friends. What I would like to ask you is would you possibly have a team that consists of two age ranges there will be the youth league 14-25 and the adults 25+, It would be very good to get this up and going and I ask you to see if there would be any people interested, The maximum number of teams will be two youth and two adult teams consisting if you like mixed genre but must stick to the age group given and it will be 6 a side tournament. It would be great to get this on the go but I ask if you could advertise in your newsletter or word of mouth to see if this is possible from your church and get back to me as soon as possible, so we can make the arrangements.
Donations would be greatly received to go towards general costs The Dates are as follows with the venues coming in a later venue when I have everything cofirmed.
Dates - To most likely meet by 12pm MidDay - Venues will be spread around the area, E.G Dingwall, Inverness, Invergordon, Bonar Bridge etc.
June 6th 2009
June 13th 2009
June 20th 2009
June 27th 2009
CONFIRMED VENUE - Bonar Bridge
Venue Information and times will be send out in an at a later stage.

If you want more info, you can email chris at countyfanchris@lycos.com
The picture is of the boys at Puerto Allegria sporting their Caley Thistle tops, which were kindly gifted by the club, and delivered to the Amazon by Fiona Newton.


No comments: