Tuesday 17 March 2009

St Patrick's Day











I find myself looking back with nostalgia on this anniversary rather than looking forward. 25 years ago today I was attending the wedding of the first of my close circle of friends to get married. The wedding took place in Edinburgh and it was a day for especial celebration because that very afternoon Scotland won the Grand Slam by defeating France at Murrayfield. Tempus fugit!
I had an early start this morning as I had to attend a meeting of the Mission and Discipleship Council in Bankfoot , just outside Perth. The venue for the meeting was very impressive. Some years ago, Bankfoot Parish Church was destroyed by fire. It gave the local congregation the opportunity to make a fresh start. They used the insurance money to build a state of the art church/community centre on a new site. It has every green credential imaginable and looks as if it has a great potential to impact on the surrounding area. You can read all about it here. If you are travelling down the A9, and have a little time to spare, it would be well worth a visit. I made a lot of notes, and it has sparked quite a few ideas for me in relation to Hilton Church.

No comments: