Thursday 13 November 2008

STREET PASTORS

It is great to see the regard in which Street Pastors are held in Inverness. The following piece is on the BBC website today. I'm assuming that the Street Pastors aren't the ones cracking down on the anti social behaviour.

Pastor patrols to be stepped up
Increased patrols by Street Pastors and a crackdown on anti-social behaviour are part of a drive to make Inverness more family-friendly this Christmas.
Operation Respect - a multi-agency initiative - will run during the city's Winter Festival.
Highland Council, Inverness BID Company, Northern Constabulary, Crime Prevention Panel and Crimestoppers are involved. The festival runs from 20 November until 3 January.

1 comment:

Tanya Heasley said...

You assumed right. I'm a Street Pastor and it isn't my role to stop anti-social behaviour, but rather love, care and support those who are anti-social.

I was once asked by a guy on the streets if we were the 'Religious Police', that made me chuckle.