Tuesday 25 November 2008

FUTURE EVENT


I travelled down to Edinburgh with Roy Searle after the weekend. He thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity of sharing with us at Hilton Church, and was keen to explore the possibility of returning in the future with other members of the Northumbrian Community. I have been delighted to hear so much positive comment about the weekend. If you would like to comment on this blog, that would be much appreciated. What was so good about the weekend for you?Would you like to have a similar weekend in the future?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found the emphasis on 'grace' on Friday evening set the tone for the whole weekend. Everything that followed was in line with that - a very intentional avoidance of any kind of 'putting a heavy' on people.

The team spoke out of a wealth of Christian experience from a variety of traditions and a lot of good Christian wisdom was shared.

I picked up a number of warnings about possible burnout for those who throw themselves into the ministry of the Lighthouse, or indeed of any programme, etc. Something we'll want to guard against.

Roy was such a 'hoot' too - refreshingly so.

The music/ praise was great too (you too, Kevin!). I'm just sorry I had to miss Sunday morning.

So, thanks to all the team.

Anonymous said...

I would certainly love to see Roy Searle and his team visit us again at Hilton. The balanced vision of the six great traditions of the Christian faith and the practical strategy of small formation groups encapsulated what the Christian life is all about. I need to act on it now.