Wednesday 21 October 2009

CAROUSEL


In my post yesterday, I was probably more frank than I normally am about the challenges of holding it all together in church life, with Lighthouse projects and treasurers and numerous other structural dimensions to cope with. In reality, we have at Hilton Church a huge army of volunteers who do fantastic work in a wide variety of different minstries , much of it beyond the congregation. Hilton is a good place to be be and we have a lot of fun together.I don't often voice my frustrations about lack of volunteers ( less than we would want!) because in my experience the outcome is that an already busy person offers to do even more! Personally, I believe our relationship with God and with one another is meant to be liberating and joyful, and so I would much rather that we just let certain things fall than that we were guilty of losing our joy in serving because it becomes a burden. This post is by way of encouragement not to become over busy. What we want to do is to encourage everyone to play their God given part, not impose burden and guilt.I read this post last night, which may be a help to you in reviewing your life/minstry balance. The cartoon comes from asbo jesus.

No comments: