Monday 28 September 2009

Where are the hymn books?

At 9.53am yesterday morning things were looking bleak at Hilton Church! The band was concluding its rehearsal, the church was full waiting for the service to begin, and I was at the sound desk wondering what to do next! The computor wouldn't boot up, so there were no words on the screens for the songs. I also had a video presentation about Open Doors to show as part of the service. I was just on the verge of digging out the old hymn books when Iain Ross appeared to save the day. Thank you Iain. Technology is great, but over the years I have had my fair share of stress when glitches have occurred.
Last night we had a Taize service. Short meditative songs, scripture readings, times of quiet for reflection, the lighting of candles as prayers for others and communion. It was just what I needed.
A day of contrasts. The hectic hurly burly of a morning service and the quiet peace of an evening service.

No comments: