Tuesday 8 September 2009

THE CREMATORIUM

The funeral of the late Rita MacDonald took place this morning at Inverness Crematorium. Rita was a very fine lady who lived for over 40 years just behind the Church. She joined Hilton Church on the 1st of February, 1967. I count it a real privilege to be part of a congregation which has such a wide range of ages. While we are known for being a church which has many families and young people, we also have a significant number of elderly members. I like being part of a church where we have a strong sense of connection with the development of our community through our older members who were there at the beginning.
On a slightly different tack, I had never been in a Crematorium in my life before the one in Inverness opened about 12 years ago. I had a sense of foreboding about going there based around the souless, clinical reports of others who had been to Crematoriums in other parts of the UK. I needn't have worried. Inverness Crematorium is a very comfortable and well appointed building which is an improvement on many churches I have been to. The grounds are also very extensive, as well as being attractive.

No comments: