Wednesday 23 September 2009

WALK WITH THEM

This morning I have begun some work for Sunday based around the heroic figure of Esther in the Old Testament. The book of Esther clearly has links to persecution, and that has led me to look at a variety of organisations like Open Doors. I've also found a number of video clips which highlight the reality of life for many believers around the world. Here, here and here.
Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering. (Hebrews 13 v3)

1 comment:

Simon Varwell said...

That passage from Hebrews reminds me of a famous quote by American trade unionist Eugene Victor Debs:

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free."