Saturday 1 August 2009

PASSING THROUGH

Hilton Church is the kind of fellowship that many people have passed through over the years. It's very refreshing to have a regular engagement with new people. It's also encouraging to keep in touch with the lives of others who have moved on.
This week we recieved news from our first ever youth worker , Stephen Webster (1995-96) of the birth of his first child.
"We are proud to announce the birth of our daughter Sylvia Rose on Sunday 12th July. She and Carol are doing well and we are enjoying getting to know the new member of the family.

Love and best wishes to everyone in Hilton.
"
The Morrison family were also with us for a number of years, and this week Derek emailed with news of an exciting devlopment in his life.
"Friends Received word from Andrew MacGowan my minister that the Beechwood Alcohol Rehab Centre are delighted to appoint me as their new Chaplain. It has been agreed that this Chaplaincy service will also cover Cale House, the sheltered accommodation provided for homeless persons who have been admitted to the city centre facility from some other setting such as Beechwood or hospital. This Chaplaincy position may also be incorporated in the new post of Parish Assistant being created at my fellowship. I would like to thank the many who prayed for the meeting Andrew and I had with the Beechwood Manager and the hosp Chaplain (representing Crossreach). In my lifetime, I don't remember being involved in such an important meeting where I felt so at ease and where I was conscious of such a free and wonderful Spirit! I feel both so humbled and honoured to be called into such a critical and challenging ministry where I can give help, encouragement & hope to those who are struggling to put their broken and troubled lives back together. In God's eyes & grace there is not such a thing as a hopeless case. Additionally, I will also have the responsibility and the important task of providing encouragement and essential spiritual support for the staff at both locations. Thanks again. Derek. "

No comments: