Saturday 22 August 2009

the Gospel in 10 Words or Less

Here's a challenge to make you think. I especially liked this comment about the challenge.
"So what’s with the reduction to ten words? My first reaction to this exercise is concern that the good news spoken and lived by Jesus and his people is being reduced to one sentence to meet the obsession with conciseness honed in an era of modernism. I can imagine Jesus sighing and asking, “Why does this generation ask me for a ten word sentence? I tell you the truth, not one ten word sentence will be given to it.” He’d then get in the boat and head off somewhere to spend time with people listening to and telling stories, doing life and thinking of all the ten word sentences that might give some insight into the Kingdom of God. He comes back, and when asked by Peter if he has a ten word sentence, he responds by saying ten times ten, Peter, and more."

No comments: