Sunday 13 January 2008

Recommended Book

Following on from Duncan's address this morning, a book came to mind for me. I first bought and read it for the Easter of the year in which I was Saved, and have never forgotten it. It is particularly appropriate for the Lent period leading up to Easter, and I think is a very powerful but reasonably short and simple book. It is entitled 'The Seven Sayings of the Saviour on the Cross' by A.W. Pink. I see that , in re-printed form, it is still available, at least on the Amazon web-site, for £4.83. Chapter by chapter it systematically covers each of the 7 phrases used by Christ on the Cross. The language is perhaps a little old fashioned by modern standards; but it portrays the fullness of the Gospel message and the richness of Christ's love. I was richly blessed by it, and have never forgotten it.

Phil Kiln

(If electronic format is your prefered format you can download the text here.)

No comments: