Tuesday 15 January 2008

Congregational Board

I am just back from this evenings Board meeting. Over a time span of one and three quarter hours, we covered a massive amount of ground. We are facing huge challenges at the moment in relation to upgrading the buildings. There were reports on fire and safety, health and safety and disability access. (and that was only a fraction of the business covered!)To comply with all the relevant legislation will be very costly, but I'm sure we'll get there. What struck me most tonight as I looked around the room was how fortunate we are at Hilton to have such a skilled and committed team of people to deal with all these matters. Our Board members give countless hours of their time to ensure that the congregation's properties and finances are well looked after. If you're a member of the Board and reading this, I just wanted you to know that I deeply appreciate all your efforts.
DM

No comments: