Wednesday 16 January 2008

Books for Lent

Last Sunday morning, I said I would post a list of books which I could particularly recommend. I am concious that out of the hundreds of books I have read over the years, there are probably not that many which I could be confident that most people would enjoy. The feedback from the book reviews last Sunday have highlighted for me the value of regularly reviewing books both on Sundays and using mediums like this blog. Thanks to Philip and Margaret for sharing their books reviews. It would be great to hear from many more people over the coming weeks and months. Here is a very short list of a few books which I have found especially inspiring over the years.

If you want to walk on water, you've got to get out of the boat. (John Ortberg)

Prayer (Richard Foster)

Celebration of Discipline (Richard Foster)

What's so amazing about grace (Philip Yancey)

During Lent this year, I am going to read Renovation of the Heart by Dallas Willard.

No comments: