Thursday 27 December 2007

Christmas Reflections

A few years ago, we were given The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder. For a number of years, it became a family tradition to read this zany story of the journey to Bethlehem with our children each day during advent. With no little children to read to any more, I felt the lack of a good book to focus my mind at Advent.

Beginnings and Endings by Maggie Dawn has changed that. A beautifully written book with countless gems from the Christmas story to think about, this is a book I can't recommend highly enough. You can read it at any time of the year, but I would recommend keeping it until advent in 2008 and using it on a daily basis then.

For those more into the Web than a book, I thought the small daily videos by Paperless Christmas were nothing short of outstanding. If you have some quiet moment this week, time spent watching the clips on this site would not be wasted time.
DM

No comments: