Tuesday 6 September 2011

WE NEED YOU!

Here's an email which I have just sent out to all the leaders within Hilton Church. Over the past few months, I have had to spend a massive amount of time dealing with property issues. Hilton Church is no different from many others churches in that we struggle to get folk to offer practical help around the buildings. I feel quite strongly that everyone who is part of a church has some responsibility for trying to help, even if it's a couple of hours per annum, so I'm aiming for a large turn out on Tuesday 20th September.





Dear All,

The nights are beginning to draw in, and we have a significant number of jobs that need to be done.

To be perfectly honest, if the usual happens, and I ask for volunteers, and a small team of the usual regular helpers appear, we simply won't get all the work done.

BUT, if you as elders and board members ALL come on board, and actively encourage others to help, we can make a massive difference in ONE DAY!

Many of the jobs aren't skilled, so please, no excuses on that front!

Raking car park stones, gardening,painting fences and other surfaces, cleaning..........there is a long list of low skilled jobs. If you can bring along some materials to help with your preferred job ( a paint brush or a spade or a rake or a duster!) that will be really helpful.

I am officially excusing anyone who can't come on health grounds , but beyond that, I really hope that you will make your presence at some point during the day a priority.

Consider it an opportunity to worship God through the offering of your body in service, and I promise you that you will be blessed through sharing in service with others, and perhaps getting to meet some new folk.

I will be getting the boiler suit on and working around the church throughout the day on Tuesday,20th September. You are welcome to join me at any point. We will be working until 8.30pm, and at that point we'll break for a brief Congregational Board Meeting. There will not be a kirk session meeting that night, but I do sincerely hope that the elders will all turn up and help.

I'm not sure how I can be any blunter about this WE NEED YOUR HELP!

Blessings

Duncan

PS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE ON YOUR ADDRESS LIST IN HILTON CHURCH

No comments: