Thursday 15 September 2011

WE NEED YOU - TAKE 2!







Over the past few weeks I have been highlighting the urgent need we have for folk to share a little more in terms of a little practical help with the maintenance and upkeep of our buildings. I think our problems have stemmed largely from too few people having too much to do, and becoming discouraged by lack of others willing to help. You'll get the idea from the photos posted above. I have set aside next Tuesday to spend the day doing some work myself, and I wrote a letter to everyone involved in leadership within the Church. I've also publicised it at the Services and put out sign up sheets. After all these efforts, I have 16 volunteers who have signed up. I am aiming for at least 50! I'm hoping that it's just a matter of people not having signed up, but are still intending to come. I am possibly a bit old fashioned about these things, but I feel quite strongly that we all happily use the buildings for all kinds of different activities, so I think we should all be prepared to invest a little of our time in helping to keep them to a reasonable standard. By nature, I always try to take a very positive view of things, but I have to confess to being a bit disappointed about this. I've wondered whether it might be an idea just to move from our Worship Service on Sunday morning straight into an hour of practical work. We could worship God through the offering of our practical skills as well as through our songs. Perhaps some of you have other suggestions as to how to get volunteers to help. Hopefully the outcome will be a good one, and we can get the buildings sorted out before the Winter comes.

No comments: