Saturday 1 May 2010

It's Saturday night, but Sundays coming!

It's Saturday night, and I'm working on the service for tomorrow morning. I met a minister recently who had just completed his sermon a fortnight in advance! I'm afraid I can't work that way. I always need a deadline for the creative juices to flow. Having said that, I don't normally leave it as late as this, but with a particularly busy schedule this week I haven't really had much time to sit down and prepare before tonight. I read the key passage on Tuesday morning -Acts 11, and I have been meditating on it ever since. Tonight is all about getting all my thoughts down on paper!

1 comment:

Derek28/08/1956 said...

Dunk Threatened to be put on a time management course but then it was realised that I would be late for that as well! And yes the pressures of prep, the clock ticking down furiously, the final draft completed, oh the relief, the printing commences & the ink runs dry! But God never fails to get us there and his Word an expectant people. Derek from the East.