Tuesday 27 January 2009

WORTH WATCHING/READING?

I was struck over the last week by two questions which frequently came up in conversations at Hilton Church. Have you seen "Slumdog Millionaire" and have you read "The Shack"? Last night I went to see Slumdog Millionaire at Vue. It's certainly not a feel good film, as some have reported. It's a gritty account of life in the slums of Mumbai. It's not for the faint hearted, but I would highly commend it. It's the best film I have seen since Crash. I will be surprised if it doesn't get an Oscar for Best Film.I haven't read The Shack yet, but I hope to read it in the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

bombie said...

I am a reluctant filmgoer but went to see slumdog millionaire with my daughter and can recommend it as being worthy of the favourable reviews and awards.

Marion Manson