Saturday 31 January 2009

Lesotho bound!

I haven't had time to do much in the way of blogging this week. Leadership meetings for the Church and Light house, team training, meetings in Perth and a whole host of things which need to be attended to before I depart for Lesotho. Rod MacLean and I are flying out to visit Robyn Hammond on Monday.
Tomorrow Katie Walker who is aged 12 is being baptised. Young people taking this kind of public step of professing faith in Christ publicly is quite rare in my experience. I have been working on my sermon for Sunday today, and that fact alone has got me thinking. Why do so few young people publicly profess faith in Christ? Do we need to be more proactive as a church in this realm? I've just read this blog article which gives some food for thought.
Tomorrow we have our first youth led service at 6.30pm. This is a concious attempt to give young people a greater voice within the life of our worshipping community. Hopefully some of those involved in leading it, will blog about it next week.
Well, that's my last blog for a while. On the return leg from Lesotho, I am going to attempt to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. It stands at nearly 20,000 feet, so there is a distinct possibility that I may struggle a bit with the altitude. Look forward to telling you all about it on my return. I think we'll use the Cafe Service in March to tell the story of our experiences in Lesotho. Bye for now!

No comments: