Sunday 28 September 2008

The Story Teller


I found a great idea here from Roddy Hamilton. A story teller to tell the good news stories from a congregation. In many ways, the blog has that purpose and potential, but a great deal more is possible as you will see from Roddy's suggestions.I was hearing from Margaret Lamond, that last Thursday evening The Guild had an inspiring time during which many of the women told stories of their lives and their service to Christ through the Church. We need to make space for more stories to be told. One of the challenges in my experience is creating an enviroment in which people feel able to tell their stories. Despite lots of encouragement from me, very few people appear to be prepared to share their stories and thoughts in the blog. So often we hang back for a variety of reasons. I am struck by the fact that the most commented blog which I regularly read is ASBO JESUS. All Jon Birch uses are cartoons, and yet it seems to free people up to share in large numbers.

No comments: