Wednesday 17 September 2008

Ideas and Volunteers!

Hello! Gwen Barlow here just to let you know that starting this Monday I will officially be the Hilton Church Community Centre’s “Development Manager”. What does that mean?!! Well, it means now that we have this fantastic new resource in place, I’ll be working, alongside the Project Management Team, to develop the use of building. It started out as the “Hilton Community Café Project” but has actually become more than a café since it also has several meeting rooms which is why we’ve started calling it a “centre” instead.

The church’s vision for the centre is one of outreach and a tremendous opportunity to share the gospel with the wider Hilton Community; but as you may appreciate, we do have quite a blank sheet of paper in terms of the details. So.. I welcome your thoughts and ideas about the centre, its direction and what you would like to see happening. I can’t guarantee that all ideas can be implemented by any means, but all are certainly welcome, big or small..

We are also looking for any volunteers that would like to be part of the team working at the centre, perhaps in the cafe or in some other role at the centre.

On either of these issues, please don't hesitate to contact me. My email address and phone numbers are gwen@miragemedia.co.uk tel: 01381 629008 or just come and have a chat with me after the morning service this Sunday. I won’t be at the service every Sunday morning at Hilton since I’ll be over in Beauly with Rob, where he’s currently doing his ministry training placement; but whenever you see me please don’t hesitate to come over and chat.

Duncan has suggested that I put a photo here for those of you who don't know what I look like and so here's the most recent one I could find of me at one of our daughter's graduation ceremony this summer..
Blessings!
Gwen

No comments: