Wednesday 3 September 2008

Stanley Hauerwas

An important discipline for me is to read regularly and widely. Over the past month I have been slowly reading THE JESUS WAY by Eugene Petersen. At the close of his book, Petersen recommends a number of writers who can help us to decern the Way. One of them is Hauerwas. I don't like to buy books before doing a little research on the writers and google is now a great way of accessing a wide range of material about most writers. In doing my research, I found a quite remarkable lecture by Hauerwas called Abortion, Theologically understood. The article is quite lengthy, but it introduced me to a completely different way of looking at abortion and a variety of other important topics. If anyone else reads the article, I would be interested to know your response.
Duncan

No comments: