Friday 30 March 2007

Hilton Primary School Easter Service


Wow....it was amazing. The church was absolutely packed. The parents/grand parents etc of all the children started arriving at 12.45 for a 1.30pm start, and they just kept coming. At one point the queue to get in was half way up the path. We had to wait until all the kids were there first before we could start adding more chairs.

All the classes had a wee something to do during the service, there were a few poems, some songs and my favourite a class full of penny whistles....it was great. My talk was based on Jesus' story. For the past five assemblies since Christmas I have been focusing on Jesus... birth of Jesus, Jesus finding his disciples, Jesus doing miracles and then Jesus dying on the cross. At the service I focussed mainly on the fact that Jesus' story, like most stories, has a beginning a middle and an end. Although Jesus dying on the cross was not the end for three days later a new story begun, a story that even today continues and will continue forever 'cause Jesus' love for us never stops.

At the end of the service I was presented was a massive easter egg and a gift token, which I was very chuffed with. I really enjoy working in Hilton Primary School and working alongside all the children and teachers. Long may that story continue........

No comments: