Tuesday 20 March 2007

Blogs of Choice

I am delighted to see that Stuart MacQuarrie has set up this blog for Hilton Church. One year ago, blogging was something of a mystery to me. Now, as I scroll down my list of favourites I see a variety of blog sites which I read on a regular basis. One which I find particularly helpful and inspiring is Living Wittily. This records the thoughts and musings of Jim Gordon, who is the Principal of the Scottish Baptist College. Another very stimulating blog is Gadget Vicar. (alias David McCarthy, minister of St Silas Episcopal Church in Glasgow) He records many of the happenings at St Silas', a very lively church which Simon Varwell, a former Hiltonite, joined when he moved to Glasgow. As a matter of fact, my interest in blogs was ignited by news which filtered back back to Inverness from Glasgow, that Simon, in his effort to find a church in Glasgow began to give the various churches he visited a rating on his blog. His blog on the various churches makes very interesting reading. I was rather glad that his blog on churches wasn't operational until after he left Inverness! Then again, perhaps it would be a good idea to have a visitor writing a review of our congregation on a regular basis. I wonder what weaknesses they would highlight about our Sunday Services? In actual fact, every visitor who comes to our church is giving us a rating. Could we perhaps give a short questionaire to visitors from time to time to see if they can highlight issues which we need to reflect on? Happy blogging!
DMacP

No comments: