Thursday 24 February 2011

lighthouse lunchtime

I've been sharing some of the travails of life in the Lighthouse over the past couple of weeks! It has been a real struggle to keep the "show on the road" recently in the face of increasing level of custom and a skeleton volunteer base. We are especially indebted to Drew and Brian from Youth Inclusive who have bailed us out on more than one lunchtime recently. I spent 90 minutes "front of house" today, and I was reflecting on what an amazing opportunity it is for me as a Parish minister to be in touch with so many people from the community who use the cafe. Most of them won't be there for a sermon on Sunday, but I can serve them and share with them over food on a Thursday lunchtime. I'm also really struggling to work out how to envision a large congregation such as Hilton to see the amazing opportunities that the Lighthouse afford us a congregation to serve and share face to face. I think I'm going to put a focus on encouraging people personally to get involved in the Lighthouse, because general information and pleas for help don't work! Watch this space......

No comments: