Sunday 6 February 2011

LIGHTHOUSE LAUSANNE

I'm just back from the final evening reflecting on some of the themes of Lausanne Capetown 2010. If you haven't done so already, I would highly recommend the website which has lots of outstanding video clips to watch. Tonight, we watched a TED TALK by Bily Graham, who was one of the chief architects of the Lausanne Movement. It was very striking that for many of the younger members of the group tonight, Billy Graham was someone they had never seen or heard. It was also striking to discover that several folk there tonight were present at his first mission to Scotland at the Kelvin Hall in 1955. I believe Billy Graham has been an outstanding servant of God, and it was a blessing to hear him sharing this evening on the theme of faith and technology.
In many respects, I'm sad that we are coming to the end of our evenings in the Lighthouse. I've enjoyed the intimacy of the setting. I hope the meetings have set in train some thinking about how we can use it again in the future. I hope we can use this venue regularly along with the sanctuary.

No comments: