Saturday 2 June 2007

Hyphop BBQ.


At 5.50pm on friday night I was standing over a BBQ cooking the burgers and sausages I had bought from our local friendly butcher accross the road from the church. I looked at the box of meat and thought to myself "I think we are going to have a lot of left overs, I hope we can use it elsewhere". I had bought 80 burgers and 80 sausages....it was a lot of food.

At 6.05pm, Murray and Fiona were now on the BBQ, when I came running over to them shouting "cook it all, cook it all"...around 140 people had arrived...at one point Elaine had counted 80 children, then there were babies, mums, dads, grannie's, grandpa's, aunt's and uncle's...it was amazing. After me thinking there would be left over food, we ended up not having enough...well not enough for seconds anyway, everybody managed to get something to eat.

We sang the song 'God loves me, I'm gonna shout it out', gave thanks for the food, eat some food, bounced on the bouncy castle, played some circle games, chatted with folks, enjoyed the wonderful weather, had some chocolate, advertised Holiday Club and then thanked everybody for coming. It was a great night.

I just want to thank everybody who came along and especially to those who helped out...you know who you are...so thanks.

Chris Watt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As you can see from Doda's blog and after my wife correcting me this morning, there were around 200 people there and not the 140 I had stated...sorry.

Chris