Friday 15 June 2007

blog to the world

The other day, I read the following quote which has really got me thinking.

"I recently stood in front of a series of very gifted street preachers in a Canadian city. Hardly a person stopped. The street is no longer the public forum; the Web has provided the new marketplace for the exchange of ideas."
Eddie Gibbs


Many churches have unseen congregations amounting to thousands every week as people around the world view via the Internet. I was especially struck recently by the following blog from Tall Skinny Kiwi, an emerging church leader living in Orkney. In a short space of time, he has had over 1 million hits on his blog pages, and all this while working from a remote Island community. I can't help thinking, that if the Apostle Paul was around today, he would be investing a great deal of his energies in this vehicle of communication.
DM

No comments: