Tuesday 24 August 2010

LIGHTHOUSE

I called into the Lighthouse around 1.30pm and ended up staying for a couple of hours to help out. Over the past few months we have moved to a position where the cafe remains very busy often from before midday until closing time at 3pm. Sometimes it's so busy, that there is barely an opportunity for staff to take a break. I really enjoy the buzz around the place and the opportunity to meet and serve so many different people. Since opening in the evenings, we have been successful in recruiting a good number of volunteers, but we're still struggling in terms of support during the days, especially over the lunch hours. In many ways I find that reality quite surprising when I think of the size of our congregation. At the end of the day, I think all we can do is continue to persevere and to trust that God will continue to call new people into this exciting rollercoaster ministry.

No comments: