Wednesday 25 August 2010

A CHURCH IN CRISIS

I stumbled upon part of this programme about the Church of Scotland called "a Church in crisis?" last night on BBC1. It made for some pretty grim viewing. One of the few glimmers of light was this church in Luss.Personally, I see the crisis as a positive thing. The good news about Jesus Christ is absolutely relevant in 21st century Scotland, but so much of what the church does and represents by the way it goes about things communicates a completely different message.

1 comment:

the manse said...

I agree Duncan. I had a look at this programme and was shocked to hear the commentary say that the main role of the Church of Scotland since the Reformation was in the realm of social care! I thought Christ's church was supposed to be about making disciples?? That's certainly what we are working on here on Islay.