Thursday 3 June 2010

SUNDAY CLUB

Andrea Boyes and I have just had a meeting with Morag Macritchie who has been leading Sunday club for the last 3 years. Morag has done an outstanding job over these years, and is handing over at the end of June. But to who? Well that has been a major question for everyone to wrestle with over the past few months. Despite being a relatively large gathering of people, no-one who has been approached has accepted the invitation to lead.
At Hilton church we have no shortage of preachers on Sunday mornings, but we clearly have a major deficit in Sunday club leadership, so for the next period of time I am going to lead Sunday club on alternate Sundays together with Andrea. It will give me a new experience of leadership, help me to understand some of the issues which are perhaps discouraging folk from taking on leadership in this area, and best of all, it will give me an opportunity to get to know the children better.
I'll keep you posted on how we are getting on, and we would value your prayers for wisdom and insight as we seek to lead according to the gifts we have been given.

No comments: