Tuesday 23 February 2010

HOME AGAIN!

I've just returned after a visit to Peru with the Vine Trust. I'm still finding it a bit of a struggle to get over the jet lag with the 5 hour time change. A few folk have recommended taking melatonin to ease the symptoms, but I never seem to be organised enough when it comes to these trips. It's always a mad rush just to get everything done before leaving. It was good to be able to visit all the various Vine Trust projects during my trip, and over the next period of time, I'll try and give you a flavour of the experience. Perhaps it's an age thing, but I've never been so happy to get home again after a trip! It was great to be back at Hilton Church too, and to be at the evening service on Sunday. John MacLeod's sermon , as always, was a complete tonic. If you missed it, you can hear it via the church website.
The picture is of Via Salvador, a vast shantytown on the edge of Lima which is home to over 1 million people.

No comments: