Thursday 10 May 2007

Karen Hutchison reports from NGM, Bristol

Hi everyone,

So I have been at New Generation Music and Mission (NGM) since last September and its been great. NGM is a christian charity, based in Thornbury just outside Bristol, that uses music and the arts to reach young people. I am on the Mission Arts and Discipleship (MAD) course which is a year out where I have had lots of training in singing and dancing. NGM has also taught me so much about God and my faith. I have seen God move in amazing ways and touch the lives of so many people while on mission. God has also given me revelations of His love and let me see a glimpse of His glory. Our team is so excited at what God has been doing in us and we have the oppurtunity to share it with our home churches. Yes, we are driving all the way to Invernes!! We are coming up on the 26th of May to do an evening concert at CCC (doors open at 7, cost £3). We are hoping to see God influence and inspire non-Christians and Christians through what we have to bring. We are also involved in the morning service at Hilton on the 27th and a joint service with CCC on the Sunday night. As well as sharing with our home churches we hope through our tour to raise money for our missions in the summer. In July I am going with some of my team to Rwanda, while the others go to Ukraine. We are all really excited to see how God is going to use us and we are trusting in faith that He wil provide the finance. So hopefully I will see you all over the 26th and 27th of May. It would be great if you could pray for us: for safety travelling (its a long way!), that we would see life's changed even through our short time in Inverness and that God's hand will be over the whole weekend. It is only through God's strength that we will see the miracles.

love Karen

No comments: