Wednesday 16 May 2007

FEED YOUR SOUL

Leonard Sweet is one of the outstanding writers of our time. I heard him speaking at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre at a CWW event in 2005. He speaks as well as he writes. This week I have been reading Jesus drives me crazy! I’ve just put the book down, and I wanted to record how helpful books can be in terms of inspiring us in our lives.

The blurb says,

“Jesus drives me Crazy! challenges you to make the upside-down wisdom of God your own, inspiring you to live an extraordinary Christian life, that does not conform to the world, but transforms the world.”

Sweet is the master of the quotable quote and his books are full of wisdom from others.

“If I had known what it would be like to have it all, I might have settled for less”
(Humorist Lily Tomlin.)

‘The challenge of the church in the 21st century is to make itself less of an institution and more of a community; less a place that asks ‘What you can do for us?’ and more a place that asks ‘What can we do for you?’ less a place focused on better facilities and more a place focused on faith upgrades; less led by people prone to call a meeting than by people prone to start a conversation.’ (LS)

Jean MacLellan runs our Church library. Why not take a look at the wide range of books which are available to borrow,while you are having a coffee after our service on Sunday mornings.

DM

No comments: