Wednesday 14 April 2010

FRESH EXPRESSIONS

Over the last few months, I have been helping to lead a Mission Shaped Ministry Course in Inverness. Tomorrow, I am leading an introductory session on MSM at Highland Theological College and the weekend after next I'm leading a session on worship within a Fresh Expression of Church at the MSM retreat in Aviemore. I have been doing quite a bit of research on some of the many fresh expressions that are springing up all over the UK, and this one called tubestation looks really cool! An expression of christian community aimed at the surfing community in Cornwall. I think one of the main things I want to do ever the next year is to try and stimulate the imaginations of people within my congregation to think outside the box. To try and imagine how they can impact their context and culture for Christ. I find it so exciting to see the way that this is happening all across the UK and hope that we'll see plenty of it in the Highlands in the coming years.

No comments: