Thursday 18 March 2010

Too busy!

I remember some years ago, reading Eugene Petersen, and being challenged by his assertion that busyness was not a symptom of commitment within ministry, but of betrayal! "How can I lead people into the quiet place beside still waters if I am in perpetual motion?"
There are times for all of us when it seems that there is just too much to do! I'm in that place this week. Along with various meetings, I am struggling to get a seminar prepared for the MSM course on Saturday, as well as doing some preparatory work for Sunday. Last month, in a similar situation, I started writing my sermon at 6.15am on Sunday morning! I want to avoid that scenario this month. I also have a meeting of the Commission for St Columba New charge this evening. I think I will need to be a bit more careful with my diary, but so often that's easier said than done, when there are so many things happening.

No comments: