Friday 15 August 2008

Holiday Club







What a great week!!!! What a great team!!!! What a great bunch of kids!!!!

I think the children left the church today happy that they had been here for Holiday Club, at least that is what I hope. If happy faces are an indicator on how well things are going then it must have been brilliant. We crammed quite a lot into the programme which kept everybody on their toes, especially when I changed the order of things round all the time (sorry about that Team). The singing was great, our new song written by Peter Noble went down extremely well. The DVD was good, the games were brilliant, the challenges were funny and the Drama was first class. Only the Sunday service to go now and that will be Champions Challenge all finished.

I want to thank all the team for all they did this week, they were such a good team of folks. I would like to ask you now to pray for the kids who were at Holiday Club as they head back to school. Pray that what they have learnt about Jesus this week won't stay in the church but that it would make a difference in their young lives. I will get the opportunity to work with most of these children again in the next year, whether it be at Hilton or Cauldeen Primary School or SU Group or through Hyphop, MYC, Jump or Sunday Club and so I would value prayer that I will be able to build on what we have done this week at Holiday Club.

All the groups I mentioned above are not just run by me, it takes a team 0f people, exactly like Holiday Club, in order to make the groups happen. Therefore this is my shout out to anyone who is interested in helping reach the children and young people of our area with the Good News of Jesus. Come and be part of a team involved in children's/youth work at Hilton Church. We need you. Please speak to me soon.

Chris Watt
Youth Worker




No comments: