Saturday 7 June 2008

The power of imagination

This morning I'm finishing off a sermon for Sunday on discipleship based around Luke 6 v12-17. I am going to introduce one of the lifeshapes - the triangle - which I learnt last November while visiting St Thomas' church, Sheffield. An inspiring church which is well worth visiting.

One of the points I want to particularly focus on is the fact that our vision of discipleship will in large measure define how we do it. I was particularly struck this morning by a quote from JK Rowling's lecture at Harvard University yesterday in which she said,

“We do not need magic to change the world; we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already – we have the power to imagine better.”

I think God has given us all the resources we need to imagine our lives and the world better.

No comments: